Thursday 29 March 2007

Janie Nicoll is alive and well..........

Just to prove that I really do exist and am indeed partially functioning as an artist, although not quite as focussed as Mr Hetherington. I shall be full steam ahead on this "project" next week as hopefully I will have time for some "Head space".....

At the moment I am working on a piece to do with Valley Boys, a list of 19 boys names sprayed on a pathway in Maryhill and also a 4ft high sculpture of a fake gold ring I found while out running near Dawsholme Park, also Maryhill. Images to follow...........

I am also interested in doing something to do with the song "We Are All Prostitutes" by the Pop Group which continues in a succession of installations which reference song titles, "The Queen Is Dead" by The Smiths and "There Is No Ending" by Arab Strap. All these bands are united by an irreverent and down to earth approach to life and society, and an interest in honesty when it comes to sexuality, politics and everything else.

The Consequence ..........
Janie Hetherington Alex Nicoll
Glamour/ Anti Glamour
"You're an Explosion"
"Bite with all their might"

No comments: